Nigel Latta's Tips for Coping in Lockdown
The Prime Minister interviews Nigel Latta, Clinical Psychologist
What tips does Nigel Latta give us about coping in lockdown?
- Don’t watch the news broadcasts too often.
- Keep calm.
- Don’t focus too much on what the future might look like. Instead focus on ‘now’.
- What are the things that will help me now? What can I do now in the moment?
- Bring the focus in & find simple things you can do now.
- Take comfort from the following: we are all in this together.
- Nothing is clear to anyone at the moment.
- Some things are out of your control. Don’t focus on these for now.
- What can you change now?
- Have rituals, structure and routine.
- What have you wanted to do but have never had the time? Perhaps now is the time.
- Think about the mission: stay at home and protect the vulnerable.
- Take pride in sticking to the rules.
- Be kind to each other and to yourself.
- Look after each other.
Transcribed by the Rev. Faye Davenport, RN.